• The Native Landscape Reader, Robert E. Grese’s new anthology of essays related to the native landscape.
• The Native Plant Garden at the University of Wisconsin Arboretum, designed by Grese’s former teacher Darrel Morrison, is the subject of a piece by Morrison.
• Morrison’s sumptuous meadows for Storm King Art Center are described by Jane Roy Brown.
• Chicago-based Manning researcher and archivist Arthur H. Miller writes about Warren H. Manning’s plan for Lake Forest College.
• Renowned landscape architect Cornelia Hahn Oberlander writes about her elemental design for the Legislative Assembly Building in Yellowknife, the capital of Canada’s Northwest Territories.
• Environmental historian Terre Ryan contributes an incisive essay on the iconography of the sublime.
• Tupper Thomas, chief administrator of Prospect Park, is named 2011 LALH Preservation Hero.