• Arthur A. Shurcliff and John Nolen biographers Elizabeth Hope Cushing and R. Bruce Stephenson share insights about their subjects’ lives and work.
• Lauren Stimson delves into the practice of Stephen Stimson Associates (Cambridge and Princeton, MA), whose work is enlivened by a deep response to site history.
• Challenges faced by preservationists at Union Park Gardens, one of John Nolen’s early subdivisions, near Wilmington, DE.
• Warren H. Manning research associate Matt Medeiros writes about Manning’s restoration of his seventeenth-century ancestral homestead, The Manse, in North Billerica, MA.
• LALH author Ethan Carr contributes a guest column on the critical role of history in contemporary practice.
• Jane Roy Brown contributes a profile of the 2014 LALH Preservation Hero, Craig Barrow III, whose family estate, Wormsloe, was settled outside Savannah in 1736.