A few highlights:
- In this issue, our most wide-ranging yet, we feature articles related to our new book, Community by Design, a study of the Olmsted firm’s impact on the wealthy Boston suburb of Brookline.
- We follow the thread of planning in the twentieth century along many diverse routes, including the New Urbanist town of Seaside, Florida, in a piece by Andrés Duany.
- LALH authors Christopher Vernon and Kenneth Helphand write, respectively, on Walter and Marion Griffin’s visionary plan for Canberra, Australia, and Lawrence Halprin’s promenade at Armon Hanatziv in Jerusalem.
- Patrick M. Condon, a planner and landscape architect in British Columbia, offers his vision of the “streetcar city” of the future.
- Warren Manning research associate Terri Rochon writes about the remarkable 1905 plan for the copper mining town of Warren, Arizona—a peek at our forthcoming book A Force of Nature: Warren H. Manning, Landscape Architect and Environmental Planner.
Past issues of VIEW
Click to browse: