A few highlights:
- Learn how a childhood in the mountains of Tennessee helped nurture one of the field’s most passionate native plants proponents, Bob Grese in this year’s preservation piece by Jane Roy Brown.
- The lead article spotlights Graceland Cemetery: A Design History, Christopher Vernon’s forthcoming book on the influential Chicago landmark. Thought-provoking context to the Graceland story is provided by “Therapeutic Landscapes: America’s
Nineteenth-Century Rural Cemeteries and Their Legacy” by Reuben M. Rainey.
- Pamela Hartford reports on the sublime work of the photographer Arthur G. Eldredge.
- Guest commentator Hazel White profiles the Santa Barbara landscape architect Isabelle Greene, who muses on the challenges and delights of designing her own garden.
- Robin Karson offers a sneak preview of a new edition of Fletcher Steele’s Design in the Little Garden.
Past issues of VIEW
Click to browse: